.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In The Workshop

In the workshop at this time I am getting started on some natural tree curtain rods and hooks. This is a great way to add a rustic look to a room. For this customer I have chosen to use Maple for both the rustic rods and hooks, and I will leave the bark on. I have cut the rods from trees that are fairly young and straight. They were growing in an area that was cleared but then left to grow back in, so the trees are pretty tight together. The diameter is about 1 1/2 " and they will be about 4 ' long. The hooks will be one piece where a branch was growing from the tree and the rod will sit upon one at each end of the window opening. The customer is then going to make her own curtains that will slide over the rod. Of course, these will not be completely straight and that is part of the rustic charm. As I mentioned, the bark will be left on and then I am going to put a completely environmentally safe and non toxic clear finish on which will protect the wood for easy clean up but also darken the wood a bit. That's my current project along with starting to collect wood for another Adirondack table I hope to start soon, but I'll fill you in on that later. I'll try to post some pictures of the rustic curtain rods and hooks when I get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment