.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rustic Ireland


In 2008, I was fortunate enough to visit Ireland, traveling around the country in a van with my wife's family. Her family has many ties to the country. We toured incredible castles and estate properties, with their beautiful gardens and enormous grounds. On one of our stops we were walking the property, which had wonderful trails and old buildings, and came across this gazebo structure. I had kind of forgotten about it until I came across these pictures on the computer. Doesn't this look like it could be at one of the great camps of the Adirondacks? I don't know it's history or who built it, but notice the stone floor, natural stick furniture, and stick inlay wall. It was just a great work of art to come across in the country side of Ireland. I will have to look back at my journal from the trip to help me recall where it was and the name of the estate. If I come up with that information then I will add it to the post, just in case you are headed to Ireland and looking for a nice spot to sit and rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment