.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vote For The Environment

If you looked back through all of my posts, here at Go Rustic, I don't believe you could find one where I preached or pushed my views on others. I do feel strongly about the state of our planet and the environment, and would like to quickly share my general stance. We have an election coming, as you all know, and like any election it is important to get out and vote, and support your beliefs. I don't believe our business should support certain people, or party, and I especially don't think we should be giving money to a certain campaign. So, all I want to say is to remember the environment and the laws that protect it. There are a lot of distractions with talk of the economy and foreign policy, etc..., but we must continue to move forward in the protection of our natural resources. I feel it is important to take a look at your candidates at every level of government, including your state and local levels, to see how they will approach environmental issues, or if they ever even mention them in speeches or on their website. I feel the environment should never be abandoned, no matter what or how big the other issues are. If we don't have clean air, water, soil, and so on then what's the point really? If our temperatures and sea levels rise at a brutally fast rate, and the storms get worse and worse then some of these other issues aren't going to seem so big in the long run.
Wilderness Creations has always worked to be an environmentally responsible company. We are a member of 1% for the Planet, giving a portion of all sales to environmental organizations, and we are constantly working to reduce and recycle waste. These efforts are an integral part of our mission. The rustic style is closely tied to nature, we want to bring people and the environment closer together. So, although it is not the typical route I would take while blogging, I really do feel it is important. It's important to get out and vote, and to look at the entire candidate. Who will look forward, long term? No one is going to have some magic cure for the economy, and if they did it would just be shooting it up towards another crash even faster than regular cycles. I just ask that you give it some thought, and take a look at where candidates stand on environmental issues, and where that stance would put us in the future. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment