.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Adirondack Picture Frame

I recently finished up this Adirondack style frame, in the workshop. It was made to match a frame I had done for some clients a couple of years ago. This beautiful picture will be hung in the same room as the Owl Picture, which will make for a nice coordinated look on the porch. The base of the frame is made from 1" rough cut pine, which I then stained before adding the birch accents. On these frames I used 1/4" dowels, instead of twigs, for a more refined look. I also prestained the dowels with the same stain. The White Birch bark was glued on and then the dowels were added using 5/8' brass nails. The larger, exposed heads on the nails adds another attractive element to the frame. I finished by spraying some satin poly over the Birch bark to help protect and hold the bark on. The overall size is 27" by 21". For more information on custom Adirondack frames please call Mark at 603-563-7010, or email Mark@RusticFurnitureGallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment